To celebrate this momentous feat- in conjunction with the amazing marketing team at Quirk Books- we are giving away not one, not two, but THREE copies of The Jane Austen Handbook: Proper Life Skills from Regency England by Margaret C. Sullivan.
Hit the jump below to find out how to enter to win and see all pertinent rules. The contest begins on January 8th and ends on January 22nd.
Newly published with a revised cover, The Jane Austen Handbook offers step-by-step instructions for proper comportment in the early 19th century. Readers will discover:
• How to Indicate Interest in a Gentleman Without Seeming Forward
• How to Ensure a Good Yearly Income
• How to Ride Sidesaddle
• How to Behave at a Dinner Party
Full of practical directions for navigating the travails of Regency life, this charming illustrated book also serves as a companion for present-day readers, explaining the English class system, currency, dress, and the nuances of graceful living.
How To Enter:
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite Jane Austen book. Mash-ups count! (+1 chance to win)
- Follow us on Twitter. (+2 chances to win)
- Follow us on Facebook (+2 chances to win)
- Update your Twitter and/or Facebook status with the following update (+3 chances to win)
I entered to win “The Jane Austen Handbook” giveaway from @Quirk Books and @Bibliomantics. https://bibliomantics.com/2013/01/08/giveaway-jane-austen-handbook
Rules and Conditions:
- Contest ends on January 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM EST.
- You can only participate in each option once.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- If you win, you have two days after being contacted to provide us with your address. If you fail to do so, your prize will be offered to someone else.
- Books will ship directly from Quirk Books.
Good luck, and may Jane Austen be ever in your favor.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED!
Congrats to the three winners chosen by random number generator: @tcanny, @LiteratiGirl and @TimotheaAidan! You have all been contacted via Twitter and have 48 hours to claim your prize.