Ransom Rigg’s best-selling young adult novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was the runaway hit of 2011, telling the story of young Jacob who discovers a stoppage in time on an island full of super-powered children. The book spent 52-weeks on the New York Times’ Bestseller List and is told through words and a series of vintage photos.
Now, with it’s sequel Hollow City drawing near and a graphic novel on the way, as well as a re-release of the paperback edition with additional material, we’re giving away a photo from author Rigg’s personal vintage photo collection (see close-up)! Much thanks to our friends at Quirk Books for the awesome giveaway.
According to the text on the back (see picture HERE), the photo is of Doug (?) about to do manual labor in Pasadena in the summer of 1929. Amazing!
Hit the jump below to find out how to enter to win and see all pertinent rules. The contest begins on July 15th and ends on July 30th.
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs.
As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive. A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
How To Enter:
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite character in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. (+1 chance to win)
- Follow us on Twitter. (+2 chances to win)
- Follow us on Facebook (+2 chances to win)
- Update your Twitter and/or Facebook status with the following update (+3 chances to win)
I entered to win a vintage photo from @ransomriggs’ collection through @quirkbooks and @Bibliomantics. https://bibliomantics.com/2013/07/15/giveaway-a-photo-from-author-ransom-riggs-vintage-photo-collection
Rules and Conditions:
- Contest ends on July 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM EST.
- You can only participate in each option once.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- If you win, you have two days after being contacted to provide us with your address. If you fail to do so, your prize will be offered to someone else.
- Contest open to U.S. residents only please.
Good luck, and may Ransom Riggs be ever in your favor.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED!
Congrats to the winner chosen by random number generator: ecowrites! You have been contacted via Twitter and have 48 hours to claim your prize.